View Single Post
Old 09-03-2004, 07:11 PM   #22
The Saucepan Man
Corpus Cacophonous

The Saucepan Man has been trapped in the Barrow!
The Choices of Master Samwise

Quote:
Sam: SaucepanMan, because he loves his beer, his family, and he always carries his pots with him.
Aw, that's one of the nicest (and most accurate) things ever said about me on the Downs.

Apart from Barliman Butterbur ( ), I have always identifed most with Bilbo and Pippin. So I am most definately hobbitish, and most honoured to be compared with Master Samwise (although I am most certainly no gardener). And the Sam/Gimli beer thing works for me ...

So now to my choices:

Gandalf: Well the Barrow Wight is a wizard with the programming, and seems to have been sent to guide us all to this site. And, as Gandalf became the White, he has recently become the one in Wight Satin.

Aragorn: Like Aragorn, Fordim Hedgethistle at first appeared as a mysterious stranger, but has risen to become most honoured amongst Downers. And, just as Aragorn re-established kingdoms that spanned Middle-earth, Fordim's threads seem to span the Downs and expand alarmingly.

Frodo: Davem - often jolly, but belies a deeper side, and occasionally seems troubled by the burdens of the world. And, like Frodo, he was reluctant to accept the honours accorded to him.

Sam: This has to be Samwise, as many of her posts could have come straight from his mouth, and she loves her garden.

Merry: None other than Estelyn Telcontar, since she is practical, sensible and an excellent organiser, but capable of great humour when the occasion arises. Just as Merry got the Hobbits moving from Crickhollow, she is tireless in prodding the REB participants into getting a move on.

Pippin: I have to give this one to Diamond18, since she loves Pippin, and shares his wonderful sense of fun. But, like Pippin, I imagine her as being capable of great deeds when the occasion arises.

Legolas: It seems to me that The Squatter of Amon Rudh combines the right measure of wry humour and deep learning in lore. And I hear that he can walk on snow too,

Gimli: Why, Kuruharan of course. After all, he is a Dwarf. And I can't imagine him taking any prisoners.

Boromir: Hmm, difficult one this. But I'll go for Kransha whose rashness and impetuosity might get him into trouble, but who I also see as being capable of great valour should the need arise.

Right, now to think about the bad guys ...

Last edited by The Saucepan Man; 09-03-2004 at 10:15 PM.
The Saucepan Man is offline   Reply With Quote