View Single Post
Old 09-23-2004, 01:49 PM   #9
Estelyn Telcontar
Princess of Skwerlz

Estelyn Telcontar has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!Estelyn Telcontar has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!Estelyn Telcontar has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!Estelyn Telcontar has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!Estelyn Telcontar has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!Estelyn Telcontar has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!Estelyn Telcontar has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!Estelyn Telcontar has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!Estelyn Telcontar has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!Estelyn Telcontar has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!
Include me in the 70s category of old school book fans - I read LotR in '73, shortly before Tolkien's death, but since I moved to Germany in the fall of that year, I lost touch with the mass phenomenon of fandom. I do remember seeing (a) calendar(s) in that year and being disappointed with the pictures, since they didn't coincide with my own mental images. Years later, I checked out the Sil in German from my local library, but didn't enjoy it until I got an English copy. I've never liked the translations of JRRT's works - they lose too much magic.

Credit the movie hype with my introduction to this site and the renewed interest in the books - being on the Downs has been most inspirational!
'Mercy!' cried Gandalf. 'If the giving of information is to be the cure of your inquisitiveness, I shall spend all the rest of my days in answering you. What more do you want to know?' 'The whole history of Middle-earth...'
Estelyn Telcontar is offline   Reply With Quote