View Single Post
Old 11-13-2004, 01:58 PM   #37
Kransha
Ubiquitous Urulóki

Location: The port of Mars, where Famine, Sword, and Fire, leash'd in like hounds, crouch for employment
Kransha has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via AIM to Kransha
Bb, I am in total agreement with you, that such matters would be more appropriately sorted out in the game, so as to create more interesting surroundings, but I will make a brief little stab of a point. According to Fordim's wonderful overview of Pasthian culture: In Alanzia, "the immortal devils" as the Elves are called there, are forbidden, on pain of instant death.

Morgôs' dislike of Alanzia would at least be fueled thus far, by that fact. He sees Alanzians as racists, and as the enemy (regardless I suppose, of how long he's been fighting them). Of course, I'm sure that fleshing out the other reasons, the deeper, darker, and 'funner' ones in the actual game is a better solution. Either way, I'm fairly sure that I, personally, will get plenty of enjoyment out of antagonizing the character of a mod (hoo-ha, superiority complex coming on!).

Plus, this situation gets us all a charming little quadrangle of intrigue. Morgôs is loyal to Faroz, but doesn't like his wife. Arlomë, his wife, is close to the queen, who her husband despises. Depending on how public these opinions, the queen (this is all up to you, Bb, obviously) might resent the General, which puts Faroz in a strange position as well....Yes, that's some quadrangle...parellogram...quadrilateral, maybe?

P.S. I just realized, whenever I quote Fordim's passage about the Customs and Manners of Pashtia, I feel like I'm quoting HoME, The Laws and Customs of the Eldar.

-Aeschylus, Song of the Furies