View Single Post
Old 11-14-2004, 07:50 PM   #570
Aylwen Dreamsong
The Melody of Misery

Location: The Island of Conclusions (You get there by jumping!)...
Aylwen Dreamsong has just left Hobbiton.
Ędegard left Bellyn and Nethwador, and as he walked away Bellyn turned to Nethwador with a smile on her face. His eyes still followed the back of Ędegard, and Bellyn put her hand on his shoulder.

"It is a good thing you did, Mellon," Bellyn murmured. She had gotten used to the idea of him not understanding her words, and had gotten even more used to speaking to Nethwador anyway. Bellyn almost felt like it did not matter that their language was not the same. "Thank you for being understanding."

Nethwador smiled goofily, making Bellyn laugh. Bellyn looked over her shoulder, seeing Ędegard speaking with an awakened Amroth. Nethwador will want to see him, said one part of Bellyn. The other told her to give Ędegard a minute alone with his friend, before the excitement of Nethwador.

"I had a dream last night, Mellon," Bellyn said to Nethwador with a sigh. "Stone and dust, rock and darkness...the woman was there again, calling out for her lover. I did not understand her sadness...much like you do not understand my words, I suppose."

Bellyn wondered why things seemed like they were over, though she knew they were not. They still had to find Nimrodel, find Amroth's love. They had left the man, the red-haired man, the one Bellyn had never met. I should have liked to meet him, though...Bellyn thought. He saved us. Why do we leave him? They did not leave us when the evil one had us captive.

"Mellon, your friend wakes," Bellyn said to Nethwador after a long pause, turning him on his feet to see where Amroth had woken.

"Bella!" Nethwador said, happily pointing to Amroth. He went speedily off to see him, and Bellyn watched with a weary smile on her face.

Things change too quickly, I fear, Bellyn thought sadly.

Last edited by Aylwen Dreamsong; 11-14-2004 at 07:51 PM. Reason: Siggy...AGAIN...UGH