View Single Post
Old 12-16-2004, 09:21 AM   #15
Boromir88
Laconic Loreman

Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.
Send a message via AIM to Boromir88 Send a message via MSN to Boromir88
1420!

I'm sort of on the fence about the elves at Helm's Deep. One one side I love the scene when Haldir walks up, Theoden is stunned, and Haldir says "A great alliance once existed between elves and men, we come to honor that allegiance." On the other hand, I think it takes away from the strength of men. The Third age was the time when Men began to grow, and the other elder races begin to fade. I think if it wasn't for the Huorns (and I love how PJ included them in the EE), Helm's Deep would have fallen, but I think the Elves take away the strength of men.

Theoden had 1,000 men (including Eomer's squad), and Gamling had 1,000 men. I guess with the scenario set up of having Eomer gone, and having him come to return to save the day (which I think was a nice change), only the 1,000 from Rohan was represented. And the Elves compensate for Eomer's men. Then Eomer brings 2,000 which makes up Erkenbrand's men.
Boromir88 is offline   Reply With Quote