Thread: I smell cheeze.
View Single Post
Old 12-26-2004, 12:43 PM   #91
Evisse the Blue
Brightness of a Blade

Evisse the Blue has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via MSN to Evisse the Blue Send a message via Yahoo to Evisse the Blue Send a message via Skype™ to Evisse the Blue
Quote:
Originally Posted by Elianna
"I am happy for you. He is an honorable man." - Théoden, TTT
This line shall forever remind me of Shakespeare's Julius Caesar, when Brutus is being referred to as 'an honourable man'... It's like I expect Bernard Hill to go on reciting that entire monologue...

But indeed one persons's cheese is another dessert, because there are few things I look forward to more while watching FOTR than Boromir's "They have a cave troll' line. I especially like the way he drawls the last bit: "They have a caaave troll." Very dry humour there: A mere stating of the facts, no fear, no surprise.
And, despite my general dissapointment with the extended edition of ROTK I love the Aragorn - Corsair of Umbar interaction, especially the "This army' line. I think it's very funny, considering how the army was invisible to their eyes before this and then suddenly it comes to sweep them to the ground.

One of the exhanges of dialogue that I cringe at is when Legolas says to Gimli that 'He was twitching' after shooting the orc beneath Gimli, at which he replies that "He's twitching because he's got my axe in his nervous system'. Whoa, Gimli had knowledge of anatomy that would have left the entire population of Middle Earth (and Valinor) gaping in awe. He was waaay ahead of his time....

Gimli's lines long before the end of movie three were corny because you knew from past experience that everytime the dwarf opened his mouth there would be a joke, more or less funny. So it was a sort of 'enough with the cracks already; can't you be anything other than the tom-fool of the fellowship' kind of feeling everytime you heard him speak.