Thread: Lorien
View Single Post
Old 01-15-2005, 12:30 PM   #1
Gorthaur the Cruel
Wight

Gorthaur the Cruel has just left Hobbiton.
Lorien

1.) It sounds to me by the description of the books that the two Loriens (from Valinor & Middle-Earth) were equally beautiful (which do you think is the fairest?). Since the light of the two trees has perished in Valinor, that light seems to be present (although in small measure) in Lothlorien, where Galadriel was ruling. The Elven rings gave power according to the measure of the wearers & in the UT, Galadriel was reffered to as the greatest of the Noldor, save Feanor & that within her tresses, the light of two Trees were ensnared which everyone held a marvel. So this could be responsible for that unearhtly light within lothlorien & even Gandalf sings about it in the TT. Could it be that Lorien in ME was fairer than that of Valinor after the death of the two Trees? It is obvious that Galadriel had made as a memorial by what she saw before the two trees died.

2.) Was lothlorien more fairer than Doriath?

3.) Before Celeborn & Galadriel dwelt in Lorien, the silvan elves that lived there were plenty in numbers & they were happy & free even w/out Galadriel, but at the war of the ring, Lorinand was changed to Lothlorien due to the adjustments that Galadriel had worked via Nenya. So everyone was happy go lucky until the destruction of the One & all things contrived by the Three began to fade. So by the time Arwen lays herself in Cerin Amroth, why was it deserted? If the silvan folks of lorien were happy even before Galadriel & her usage of Nenya, why desert the Mallorns, & why sing no more... & the light fade?