View Single Post
Old 01-16-2005, 06:34 PM   #6
Bęthberry
Cryptic Aura

Bęthberry is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.Bęthberry is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.Bęthberry is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.Bęthberry is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.
Boots

Quote:
quoted by Lush

But speaking of ghosts. I swear, I am not senile yet, when I tell you that while we stood outside of the Eagle & Child (or Bird & Baby) looking at the menu, something, um, grabbed me from, uh, behind. I turned around half-expecting to see a drunken tourist, or maybe the people walking out had clipped me with their bags, but no, it was just an empty street, and this really weird feeling like something wasn't quite right.

Boyfriend can attest that during this incident I was neither drunk or drugged. It was uncanny. You read about Oxford's great history, stretching itself down the corridor of time as far as the human eye can see, and lo and behold, a part of history detaches itself from the ether and, um, pinches you.
My darling Lushious, you should know by now that a pinch on the tushie has little to do with amorous intent and much to say about patronising patriarchial aggression. I wouldn't be surprised if the more Mordor-inclined of the Tolkien crowd hung out at the Bird and Baby in the hopes of a bit of Seventh Age evil intent. I am most glad you were there with your Knight in Shining Ardour.

love,
Beth