View Single Post
Old 01-23-2005, 08:40 PM   #34
alaklondewen
Song of Seregon

alaklondewen has just left Hobbiton.
I, also, really like the idea of a password. Using this idea, I think we could possibly pull off an entire "underground" group.

My character (who's name is undetermined at this point) will be an underground Faithful who resides in Armenelos. With a secret system in place they could seek his aid. I was considering maybe a possible link between he and Arbarpa(naru), so that Kathaani would remember him and know to seek him out. (Just an idea on which I may elaborate at a later time.)

Quote:
Alaklondewen had an idea that she hasn't been able to post yet which might help the secrecy issue. Her idea was that this particular group has been so isolated that they don't even know about Elendil's planned departure until the rescue party reaches Armenelos.
Yes, I was thinking that if they did not know yet that Elendil was leaving...it would add a new sense of urgency that might be more intriguing. I had even thought they might find my character packing and preparing to leave for Romenna. He would then tell them of the ships waiting in Romenna.

Quote:
How we would notify the main group after we discover Elendil's plans is another question...
What if another rider had already been sent long before the rescuers' arrival in Armenelos to alert the remaining Faithful in the West? My character could easily inform them of this, especially if they become concerned with the others in Andunië. It is possible the rescuers left just before that rider arrived, or they missed them on the road... Anyway, that would take care of anyone left there.

I feel like I may be forgetting something, but I'll edit or post again if I remember what it is.

~Alak