View Single Post
Old 01-25-2005, 09:08 PM   #46
littlemanpoet
Itinerant Songster

littlemanpoet is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.littlemanpoet is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.
Pipe

I like the idea of Vinyalonde, although Dol Amroth seemed pretty cool to me.

Silmarien was born in S.A. 521. Aldarion was born in S.A. 700. That's 179 years later. Two generations. But you're talking about his daughter, Tar-Ancalimë, his eldest daughter, first Queen by law of Numenor. That would leave the Melethroch in the line of Elros - at least a little longer - which is okay. But maybe the Melethroch clan should be descended from one of Tar-Surion's two sisters, who were both older than he, and refused the sceptre. That would make the Melethroch clan extant as of, say, S.A. 1394, when Surion took the sceptre and by which time his sisters were probably wed to some likely Numenorean man.

Andunié? Not Armenolos? Okay. I thought that if we were some secret clan that was actually trying to make a difference we would have to be well hidden in the seat of governance itself, but maybe your thought was otherwise?

Group title? A rep from Sophia? Woo hoo!

"Nimruzîrim" = "Elf-friends" - but that's probably a bit too obvious.
Balakzir = Ship lovers - too common
Bawabzir = Wind lovers - maybe just as common
huzun = ears
hazad = seven
Hazadhuzun? = The Seven Ears? (chuckle)

Abanaparu's physical description:

6'8". Which is probably just a little humble for a Numenorean. Oh well. (I thought of Aragorn as 6'6" when I first read LotR). Raven black hair, clear face, long nose but not too long. Not too full lips. High cheek bones. Lean but not thin. Grey eyes. His war and hunting weapon is the bow. He keeps a long knife with him, an ancestral one with a silver hilt. Its blade is straight and slender but strong.

Regin, the Numenorean handles are mouthfuls on purpose. The Sindarin would be - ah - not altered but - let's say, refined - to sound pleasing to the Elvish (or Mannish) ear.