View Single Post
Old 01-28-2005, 02:21 PM   #884
Lalwendė
A Mere Boggart

Lalwendė is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Lalwendė is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lyta_Underhill
Lalwendė, your cats catch spiders? *Hides her several jars, each holding a fat black specimen of black widow, except for the one cute little rose hair tarantula who grows a little every day, bless her!* I often find little jumping spiders around the kitchen sink and one used to live in my car until he vacated suddenly at the local bank. I like to keep them around to eat the flies and mosquitoes, which I have no love for at all! We also catch brown recluses and let them go far from the house (it's a sort of karma thing...we don't kill them, maybe they won't bite us! *knock wood*).
Oh yes, the felines do enjoy tormenting spiders, I think they must taste better, maybe a little more 'gamey' if they have first been terrified by the sight of huge swinging paws coming at them. There are a few non-8-legged arachnids about the house, as they seem to like knocking their legs off one by one...

I like spiders though, so if I catch them at it they do get told off. Luckily you don't get black widows in this country (apart from in your bananas now and then...) but I had some nice Orb Weavers in my front garden recently.