View Single Post
Old 01-31-2005, 11:15 AM   #33
Lalwendė
A Mere Boggart

Lalwendė is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Lalwendė is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.
Quote:
Originally Posted by SpM
It is indeed. I bought the diary version for my sister-in-law for Christmas (together with the RotK EE), and of course just had to look through it before wrapping it up. It includes the pages from the Book of Mazarbul that are in the 50th Anniversary edition of the book (another good Christmas present idea).
In Waterstones they have the Tolkien 2005 50th Anniversary Diary reduced to just £5. I snapped one up of course.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Me
I have the film based Trivial Pursuit but so far nobody has dared to play it with me.
Finally the game has been played, and in a contest of 'best of three' the final score was 2-1 against me. But I was playing against an illustrious 'Downer. And there was almost that apocryphal moment known to all Trivial Pursuit fans where one player gets control of the dice and makes it the whole way around the board. The 'film' category was alas the nemesis which prevented this, with its weird questions about the size of the various 'bigatures' and "who played third orc to the left of the first anonymous orc" and so forth. Many of the questions in the other categories were so easy that the only option was to resort to extremes of pedantry regarding answers, e.g. "the answer was The Nazgul, not just Nazgul, so you are clearly wrong". So, let this be a warning to any fellow obsessives, you may not find it quite the challenge you had envisioned.