View Single Post
Old 02-01-2005, 12:58 AM   #1
yavanna II

yavanna II has just left Hobbiton.
the Sacred Feminine

ok, I got this idea from Dan Brown... blah blah blah. Magdalane was the "wife" of Christ blah blah blah.
Enough about that.
I just got this question: is there really a sacred feminine? I mean, in the books. Luthien in my opinion nearly made it, but she's a half-divine being. Galadriel, however, isn't a Maia, so I really have no idea.

Luthien: A daughter o f a Maia, rescued her boyfriend from the 'fires of hell', died of despair, pitied by a Vala, married a mortal, had a child, died and never returned. And add the fact she touched and possessed a Silmaril. Also she shared the fate of men.

Galadriel: A granddaughter of Noldoli nobles, an activist and only female leader in the Revolution of the Noldor (as I love calling the time after the Darkening of Valinor), lived in Beleriand, married a local Elf, survived the Downfall. Then she moved to the East, became the Lady of Lorien, an anti-Sauron, the only Wise who wanted Gandalf head of the White Council, gave the Fellowship shelter, and of course, resisted the Ring.
yavanna II is offline   Reply With Quote