View Single Post
Old 12-02-2002, 08:37 PM   #10
elfling
Haunting Spirit

elfling has just left Hobbiton.
Sting

I agree with you guys about the ring being an evil force of its own. It was said that it left Gollum in the caves and that was how bilbo foung it. Though I don't believe the ring wanted to be found by Bilbo but just wanted to get to Sauron.

I also believe Frodo was the best hobbit for the job of ringbearer. Other hobbits may have been able to carry the ring but Frodo, due to how he got the ring, his personality and also his family line was best equiped to do this task. Smeagal was already corrupt so he was easier to twist. Though he did resist the ring more than any other race for he hid the ring instead of really using the power of it, but it drove him crazy over 500 years and that is a long time. Men fell much faster(Boromir). I also don't think Frodo failed completely. He couldn't destroy the ring at the end but so near the evil of sauron and the place of the rings making it must have been very powerfull and if it had a force of it's own it was using it to keep from being destroyed. frodo di all that was possible todestroy the ring, only Gollum's foolishness saved them.