View Single Post
Old 02-24-2005, 01:41 PM   #37
Mithalwen
Pilgrim Soul

Mithalwen is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Mithalwen is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Mithalwen is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Mithalwen is lost in the dark paths of Moria.
I wan to second the comments of SpM and Nuramaiel and would add that I think this is a particularly nasty prank becasue whe do not know enough about each other to appreciate what pain such statements will cause, what chord may be struck unneccessarily. Given the number of members on this site there is a fairly high probability that someone has lot someone in similar circumstances to those described by CH's warped sister.

Yes it may seem ludicrous to eulogise someone you know only through their posts, but there is a sense in which the "wrongness" of someone dying very young touches everyone beyond the immediate sphere of family and friends, in the way that the death of someone who has lived a long and full life does not.

It makes you re-evaluate your own life and realise how much you take for granted. I know that hearing recently of the death of a friend's teenage sister from cancer, put the long-term but not terminal sickness of my own beloved god-daughter into perspective.

I am glad that CH has done a "Mark Twain" but I am not laughing. I think this was a really nasty thing to do on so many levels .

Christopher Tolkien, Requiescat in pace