Thread: Tolkien 2005
View Single Post
Old 03-11-2005, 03:15 PM   #35
davem
Illustrious Ulair

Location: In the home of lost causes, and forsaken beliefs, and unpopular names,and impossible loyalties
davem is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.davem is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.
This is taken from Amon Hen 189. I promised [b]Esty[/i] I'd dig out the info, & hope she doesn't mind me sharing it rather than just pm'ing it to her.

Quote:
Tolkien 2005 will take place at Aston University between Thursday, August II and Monday, August 15, 2005. Registration will take place during the day on Thursday with an Opening Ceremony in the late afternoon or early evening. It will also be possible to pre-Register on Wednesday; this is for people who turn up early and wish to help in some way. The Dealers' Room and the Art Show will be set up on Thursday morning and should open in the aftemoon. Apart from the Opening Ceremony there will only be a limited programme on Thursday. There will be some talks lectures panels happening during the day, mostly in the aftemoon; there will also be a video stream running all day. After the OpenIng Ceremony we plan on having a performance of Farmer Giles of Ham; this should be repeated on Friday evening. During Friday through to Sunday, inclusive, there will be a full range of events. Most of the time the main activities (talks, lectures, panels, workshops, entertainments) will be run in four concurrent streams; in addition there will be a Video stream, the Dealers' Room and the Art Show, making seven main streams. Any signings will be in addition to these streams. On Monday things will wind down: there will be fewer streams, the Dealers' Room and the Art Show will close in the afternoon. There will be a Closing Ceremony on the Monday moming. Most people should plan on going home on Monday; however, it will be possible to stay over that night. This option is mainly provided for people who have an early flight to catch on Tuesday. On Saturday evening as part of the programme of events there will be a Costume Extravaganza. This will be similar to the Masquerade held during the Party at Oxonmoot; however, it will be noncompetitive and will be a showcase of old and new Tolkien-inspired costume. There will also be drama workshops with Viv Wilkes whose drama group, Shire Productions, are performing Farmer Giles of Ham. In addition to the on-site activities there will be two tours: one of Tolkien's Birmingham, which will take place on the Sunday. The other will be to Oxford and is mainly intended for those who are not familiar with Oxford and those who live outside the UK. The numbers for both are strictly limited and are offered as an extra-cost activity; booking will be on a first come basis and will open in 2005.
(No, I didn't type it all out - I used my pen scanner, so please forgive any little spelling mistakes - typing it would have taken me about 20 minutes, scanning took about 3)
davem is offline   Reply With Quote