View Single Post
Old 03-14-2005, 02:06 PM   #5
Boromir88
Laconic Loreman

Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.
Send a message via AIM to Boromir88 Send a message via MSN to Boromir88
1420!

A brilliant post Lalwende, and you draw comparisons to Orthanc and Mordor, it makes me think whether Saruman and Sauron were so different.

1. They both wanted the same thing, the ring and total domination.

2. They are both beaten the same way. Sauron sends his forces to meet Aragorn as Frodo and Sam sneak in the back. Saruman sends his forces to Helm's Deep, forgets about the Ents and is destroyed. Above that both quests are shone as unlikely and will be unsuccessful.
Quote:
"It is likely that we go to our doom!"
3. They both don't know everything, even though they think they might have a watch on everything.

4. They even have the same thinking. Gandalf mentions something about how Sauron has no idea that they plan on practically taking the ring right to him. Literally taking it into Mordor. All Sauron can think is that someone would use it to overthrow him, because that's what he would do.

Saruman when he has his chance of repentance can only think that Gandalf wishes to replace him, is it because that's what he would do?
Quote:
"That sound well," sneered Saruman. "Very much the manner of Gandalf the Grey: so condescending, and so very kind. I do not doubt you would find Orthanc commodious, and my departure convenient. But why should I leave? And what do you mean by "free"? There are conditions I presume."
It's like they are mirror images of eachother.
Boromir88 is offline   Reply With Quote