View Single Post
Old 05-01-2005, 12:27 PM   #325
Kransha
Ubiquitous Urulóki

Location: The port of Mars, where Famine, Sword, and Fire, leash'd in like hounds, crouch for employment
Kransha has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via AIM to Kransha
Nuranar, it seems to me that you must have a Ph.D in trivializing the momentous and complicating the obvious - you're very good at it. Of course, under these circumstances, such talent is a good thing.

Humbly, I step out of numerical controversy, Nuranar, Saurreg, and Osse seem to be handling the organization of the matter better than I ever could. Obviously the level of organization:disorganization is what is necessary, and confusion in the caverns is a must. Perhaps the real life confusion can be drawn upon to aid character confusion, but I digress. Soon enough, another series of entities altogether will arrive and [attempt to] set things straight. Dwarves are notoriously geometric, but centuries of isolation has left them a little loopy, so the Dunedain/Elves might do best to sort matters of combat and order out before the Dwarves arrive and upset the best laid plans of mice and men...not that John Stienbeck knew anything about crazy Dwarves.

I won't, however, intrude directly. The Dwarves are meant to be a bit of deus ex machina (yes, I am using unecessarily complicated explanations; so?) but not save the day. Their armor isn't shiny enough to do the job in proper fashion anyway. It does stand to reason that the Dunedain/Elves will not be able to take out all the trolls, but they can do what they can do. I'm not going to dictate what must happen in this encounter, even though I am going to plop my newly introduced dwatves into the picture in a few days, if possible.

-Aeschylus, Song of the Furies