View Single Post
Old 05-02-2005, 07:07 PM   #94
Elentari_Elbereth
Pile O'Bones

Elentari_Elbereth has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via AIM to Elentari_Elbereth Send a message via MSN to Elentari_Elbereth Send a message via Yahoo to Elentari_Elbereth
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nuranar
Aha, I've made the Fellowship cloak from that pattern! I actually wrote about it in this very thread. There's a couple posts, right in the middle of the 2nd page. I've got a few pictures (not very good ones, I must add) in my second post.

If you want specific tips for making it, just ask!
The wool you used is so beautiful! I myself have just begun LotR costuming. I taught myself to sew and made a quite lovely Eowyn "Shieldmaiden" dress. I used Simplicity 4940 and created the sleeves myself along with various changes to the vest/corset part. I very much don't like the neckline though- it's way too high. besides that it turned out lovely- especially for my first work! I'll try to get pictures soon!

My next plan is to make Fellowship cloaks for my sister and myself. (of course using alleycatscratch's pattern)

About the Fellowship cloak, when making the hood, did you find it neccesary to alter the pattern for more room around the face as suggested on ACS? I have been wondering about that and have not yet made a muslin of it...

...Who shall see the last evening?
Elentari_Elbereth is offline   Reply With Quote