View Single Post
Old 06-23-2005, 10:58 AM   #106
the phantom
Beloved Shadow

the phantom is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.the phantom is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.the phantom is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.
Send a message via MSN to the phantom
Eye

I seem to remember someone putting forth a plan to avoid killing a gifted villager yesterday, but the other villagers just didn't like it and thought it would be for the best to just randomly pick someone.

Well, congratulations everyone- we lynched our ranger yesterday.

*bitterly mumbles something that sounds like "I told you so"*

What I am wondering is- why Azalia?

With the ranger gone, the wolves had a free opportunity to go after the seer, and Azalia was definitely not the seer. She posted yesterday but did not even hint at anyone's guilt or innocence as a seer would have done.

Either there was a better reason to kill Azalia than going after the seer, or the werewolves aren't really using much of a strategy.
Quote:
Why were only 6 votes cast? What went wrong?
Perhaps no one wanted to be blamed for the death of an innocent?

With only six votes, it is entirely possible that not a single wolf cast a vote.

Or perhaps all three voted.

Who knows?

Is there anything we can learn from the voting?

Perhaps.

If Eomer is a wolf, then it is very likely that either Esgal, Oddwen, or Saurreg is also a wolf (I suspect Esgal the most of these three, mainly because I haven't heard from her). You see, Eomer popped in at the end to break a five-way tie. Even though his name was one of the names on the list, a smart wolf would have voted for a sixth person and taken five innocents with them to the grave. Five innocents is too juicy a prize to pass up. The only way a wolf would break a five-way tie is if there was another wolf besides himself on the list, because killing four innocents is not worth the price of two out of three wolves.

Now, I am not suggesting that Eomer is a wolf, because an innocent would've done exactly what he did, too. I am just saying this for future reference in case he gets lynched or is killed by the hunter and found out to be a wolf.

Also, if Fea is a wolf then it is probable that neither Esgal nor Oddwen are wolves since those two had votes before Fea voted. A wolf most likely would have tacked on their vote to an innocent (such as Kath) in order to ensure the survival of their friend.

The only case in which that wouldn't be true is if Fea had no fear that Esgal or Oddwen would receive any more votes (or enough to get lynched, anyway).

The same thing can be said of Firefoot. If she is a wolf then it is likely that the people who received votes before her (Esgal, Oddwen, and Fea) are not wolves.

Of course none of this is absolute. I am just attempting to provide some possible theories to work with.

Now, let's hear from everyone. What do some of our active participants from yesterday have to say? Celuien, Eomer, Firefoot, lmp- what are your thoughts?