View Single Post
Old 07-08-2005, 03:21 PM   #86
Estelyn Telcontar
Princess of Skwerlz

Estelyn Telcontar has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!Estelyn Telcontar has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!Estelyn Telcontar has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!Estelyn Telcontar has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!Estelyn Telcontar has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!Estelyn Telcontar has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!Estelyn Telcontar has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!Estelyn Telcontar has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!Estelyn Telcontar has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!Estelyn Telcontar has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!
Silmaril Planned CbC schedule

Happy to oblige! I would have no problem getting weekly discussions started during these summer weeks, but as a majority of those interested asked for a slowdown over the summer, I will stay with that decision until late August. Then I'd like to return to a weekly schedule in order to finish by the end of the year.

Here's the schedule I've planned:

July 3 - Bk. 5, Ch. 3 (The Muster of Rohan) - current discussion
July 17 - Ch. 4 (The Siege of Gondor)
July 31 - Ch. 5 (The Ride of the Rohirrim)
Aug. 7 - Ch. 6 (The Battle of the Pelennor Fields) - moved up a week due to my absence on Aug. 14
Aug. 21 - Ch. 7 (The Pyre of Denethor)
Aug. 28 - Ch. 8 (The Houses of Healing)
Sept. 4 - Ch. 9 (The Last Debate)
Sept. 11 - Ch. 10 (The Black Gate Opens)
Sept. 18 - Book 6, Ch. 1 (The Tower of Cirith Ungol)
Sept. 25 - Ch. 2 (The Land of Shadow)
Oct. 2 - Ch. 3 (Mount Doom)
Oct. 9 - Ch. 4 (The Field of Cormallen)
Oct. 16 - Ch. 5 (The Steward and the King)
Oct. 23 - Ch. 6 (Many Partings)
Oct. 30 - Ch. 7 (Homeward Bound)
Nov. 6 - Ch. 8 (The Scouring of the Shire)
Nov. 13 - Ch. 9 (The Grey Havens)
following weeks: Appendices

This schedule gives us a bit of leeway for delays due to unplanned circumstances and gets us finished with the LotR discussions before Christmas. How much time we will have for the Appendices remains to be seen then; I haven't yet planned how to divide those into weekly chunks.
'Mercy!' cried Gandalf. 'If the giving of information is to be the cure of your inquisitiveness, I shall spend all the rest of my days in answering you. What more do you want to know?' 'The whole history of Middle-earth...'
Estelyn Telcontar is offline   Reply With Quote