Thread: Outrage?
View Single Post
Old 07-21-2005, 07:33 PM   #156
Nilpaurion Felagund
Scion of The Faithful

Location: The brink, where hope and despair are akin. [The Philippines]
Nilpaurion Felagund is a guest at the Prancing Pony.Nilpaurion Felagund is a guest at the Prancing Pony.
Pipe My point has been missed.

It's easier to see that people walking between Mordor and Gondor are either soldiers of the Black Tower or of the White.

It's easier to attire yourself in the livery of the White Tower and say, "Destroy the soldiers of the Black Tower!"

However, we Christians--yes, I'm referring to all of you there, even the one who wrote that article--are called to love first and foremost. However unpalatable the concept, we're supposed to love Saddam Hussein. We're supposed to love that kid hooked on drugs, even his dealer. We're supposed to love the one who just got an abortion, even the doctor who did it. We're supposed to love those who dabble in (detestable, yes) witchcraft, and even those who are remotely interested in it. Why? Read your Romans 5:8. That's why.

Instead of doing that, we are content to stay in our Minas Tirith, and say to other people, "If you do not fall under the rule of Denethor, you are not with us."

Post-traumatic possum. I think I just confused people with my switches between LR quasi-quotes and real-world stuff. Sorry.
Nilpaurion Felagund is offline   Reply With Quote