View Single Post
Old 07-27-2005, 01:27 PM   #7
Elladan and Elrohir
Shade of Carn Dûm

Elladan and Elrohir has just left Hobbiton.
I thought hobbits were done awesomely in the movies. The author of this thread made the point that Sam's the only one of the main four that acts or talks like a hobbit. I would say that that is accurate, both accurate for you to say and accurate for PJ to portray. Sam is the quintessinal (sp?) hobbit; the others are quite unusual for hobbits, particularly Frodo. Because of their high ancestry, and because of the unusual amount of knowledge they have about the world outside.

Elves were well done overall, I thought, but they seemed a bit too serious. Sure, Legolas provided the other end of Gimli's slapstick comedy (e.g., "Shall I describe it to you..."), and Elrond cracked a smile a grand total of one time, but most of the time the Elves seemed too heavy and serious. I mean, I know, these are weighty times, but c'mon. Sam did say in Book Two that "some [are] as merry as children." But again, overall I thought it was well done.

THE HOBBIT - IT'S COMING
Elladan and Elrohir is offline   Reply With Quote