View Single Post
Old 08-08-2005, 11:50 AM   #2
Frodo Baggins
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Frodo Baggins has just left Hobbiton.
Thumbs up

Thinlomien, you read my mind. I was wondering the same thing this morning and was about to begin a thread such as this. It seems all Elves go to Mandos, at least until they are reborn. But Elves do not concern me at present. And dwarves really aren't technically "Children of Eru" but more children of Aule.

Men are what I had in mind. It is said that men go to be whith Eru when they die but I wondered is that for ALL men? In Christianity do be given Grace you must repent of your sins and accept Jesus as Lord and King. In a Christian sense (which is doubtless what Tolkien had in mind) the only people who go to heaven or to "Be with Eru" if you will, are those who are obedient to God. Eru laid down laws I know for the Elves but I wonder if they apply to men as well. There are some men of Middle-earth that are good and follow the law of Eru and there are those that are "bad", evil men that work against the side of good. (There's some evil Elves too, to be sure but they don't concern me at present.) So, do all men go to Eru when they die or just the good men?

There's something somewhere about Melkor being finally punished forever but I forget where and it's not in anything in my library, so others will have to help with this.