View Single Post
Old 08-26-2005, 08:46 AM   #458
The Saucepan Man
Corpus Cacophonous

The Saucepan Man has been trapped in the Barrow!
White-Hand Concerning mass lynchings

I must say that I agree with those who have expressed elsewhere some dissatisfaction with the scope for mass lynchings. I was hesitant to suggest it, and even considered going back on the plan on the last Day. But I wanted to win and so opted for what I saw as a legitimate and seemingly effective plan.

As it happened, we did not end up with a mass lynching and, had I followed the plan through as I intially thought I should, it would have spelled disaster for the Village. But it is nevertheless true that, had the plan not been devised and then, for the most part, put into effect, Gurthang would probably have won. Menel and Samwise would probably have been the final Days' lynchees.

I have no objection to multiple/mass lynchings being banned in a game if that is what the moderator or players prefer. This could easily be done either by allowing retractable votes (which would make a planned mass lynching impracticable) or by simply having a rule that, in the event of a tie in the lynch vote, one Villager will be picked at random.