View Single Post
Old 09-02-2005, 07:21 PM   #2
Formendacil
Dead Serious

Formendacil is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Formendacil is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Formendacil is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Formendacil is lost in the dark paths of Moria.
Send a message via AIM to Formendacil Send a message via MSN to Formendacil
It's hilarious, whatever else it may be as an idea...

Personally, as a not-fan of the bubbly Gothmog, I must say that finding a suitably messed-up explanation of his messed-up-ness is not a task I mind in the least. So, my idea:

Gothmog began his career in the Mordorian armies as a Grade II Snaga posted to Nurnen, which, as we all know, was the bread basket of Mordor, and thus full of lush foods unable to be found elsewhere. SnagaMog soon developed a taste for the abundant food- a big no-no in the Mordorian Ranks.

When found out, as he soon was, weighing, as he did, twenty pounds more than the next ork (a runt by the name of Grishnakh, incidentally), he was sentenced to a the nasty task of running an important message from Fort Schnuckalls to Fort Albadork- which took him right through rockslide country in mating season (rockslide mating, not Ork-mating. As everybody knows, Orks come in one gender).

It was during this trek that SnagaMog became adept at boulder-dodging, a talent that was to serve him well during the Siege of Gondor. A pity that he didn't learn Rohirrim-dodging while he was at it. In any event, SnagaMog reached Fort Albadork completely unscathed, to the fury of his superiors. In retribution, he was sent through another "avalanche", but this time he had to run the gamut of Fort Albadork's walls, while his comrades through "ork-made" boulders at him. These boulders were not rocks, but the most bizarre collection of ork-made boulders Mordor had ever seen. Jagged, sharp, oblong, and heavy, SnagaMog was unable to dodge these, thrown and aimed as they were by living and breathing, if not exactly intelligent, orks.

Obviously, he survived, and to spite his officers he worked his way up through the ranks, ultimately becoming THEIR superior, and exacting his revenge by putting them on the front lines against any sort of Good-Guy charge- a task of near-certain death. He never lost his love of food, and so his scarred face became even more disfigured as folds of fat closed in around the portions of his scars that were still sewn to his skull.