View Single Post
Old 09-12-2005, 11:01 AM   #505
Folwren
Messenger of Hope

Location: In a tiny, insignificant little town in one of the many States.
Folwren is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Folwren is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.
Pio

Here's the post to go after Riv's offer of truce. I hope it is good enough.

Still working on the other post.

- Folwren

------------------------

POST PLACED ON GAME ~*~ Pio

‘That sounds good,’ Bror said, looking up for the first time since Riv arrived. ‘At least I won’t have to worry about it for a while.’ He looked with a deal of chagrin at Riv. His older brother was composed, but something in his face told Bror that he was still in some pain. The white bandage and cast around his shoulder made him wince and he looked back down at his half eaten breakfast. ‘I ought to be going. Jollin will be expecting me soon.’ He pushed back his chair and got up slowly, as though he were tired from his rather exciting night. He paused with his hand on the back of his chair and looked again at Riv. ‘I’m sorry, Riv,’ he finally said. ‘It wouldn’t have happened like it had it gone my way.’ A small smile came to Riv’s face.

‘No, I dare say it didn’t happen like you wanted it. I would have much rather have seen Skald up there than myself. But, ah well, it can’t be helped. Until later, little brother.’

Bror turned and went out. His spirit lifted and he actually smiled again.

‘You actually got out of there unscathed,’ he murmured to himself, turning his feet in the direction of work. ‘But it won’t last like that for too long, don’t expect it to,’ he added quickly. ‘Until Riv is better and Unna is her old sunny self.’ He smiled even broader. ‘By that time, I may have been able to invent something not quite so dangerous, but as equally fun! Every Dwarf for himself, he said. That joins him in the game.’

But then a voice from the other side of his head replied. ‘That meant you, Bror,’ it said. ‘He’s not going to show the least amount of kindness when it comes to luring you into some sort of trap. You can expect something rather uncomfortable.’

However that may be, Bror could feel no worry about it at the time being. There were many weeks between now and when Riv said the white flags would come down and until then, Bror put it out of his mind.

Last edited by Folwren; 09-14-2005 at 11:26 AM.