View Single Post
Old 09-22-2005, 04:21 AM   #241
Lalaith
Blithe Spirit

Lalaith is a guest at the Prancing Pony.Lalaith is a guest at the Prancing Pony.
At the risk of looking like a loon, talking to myself all alone on here, I've been going over the last hour of voting yesterday myself, to try to see if it throws up any clues.
Ok, lets start an hour before deadline, at the point at which Gil was in the lead. Known innocents are in italics.
Gil - 3
Wayne -2
Celuien -2
Kuru - 1

At this point, Kuru posts without voting. He says of course he's not going to vote for Zali, but doesn't want to vote for Wayne or Gil either. Probably wants to vote for me but doesn't think anyone else will.

Then we get a flurry of posts, close enough together in time for people to perhaps have not been aware of each other.
Kitanna posts. She doesn't want to vote for Gil, she wants to vote for Wayne or Eonwe, but worries about the risk of a double lynching.

Marcolie steps in, says she wants to vote for Wayne but is also worried about lynching.
Then Kuru says he'll probably vote for Gil.
Eight minutes pass (unlikely therefore to be a cross-post) and Kitanna votes for Wayne - she knows this brings the score to Gil 3, Wayne 3 with half an hour to go but says she hopes someone else will vote. Query - why doesn't she play safe and vote for her other suspect Eonwe?)

Azaelia crossposts with Kitanna. Not knowing we are now at a draw, she says she will wait.

Wayne now comes in, three minutes later. Quite understandably, he votes Gil to save himself. Score is Gil 4, Wayne 3

Two minutes after this, Kuru thinks we have a double lynch on our hands and wants to vote for Wayne. (Which ironically would bring it back to a double) Then, next post, he realises that everything's ok.

But then, in another cross-post, Marcolie steps in and votes for Wayne. Back to a double: Gil 4, Wayne 4.

Three minutes later, Zali steps in and votes for Wayne, saving us from a double (but also saving Gil). Kuru simultaneously agonises over the double which he still thinks we have, but curiously doesn't vote himself to save the situation until after Zali has voted. He votes for Wayne.

Then Marcolie comes in again. Her main concern is not the lynching, but the fact that she is a girl.

Now what do we make of all that? Were there wolves in that mess, trying to save their fellow wolf Gil? Or was it just a bunch of bewildered and blundering innocents cross-posting chaotically with each other? (Spawn's suggestion of opening two windows seems more sensible than ever, frankly.)
We could lynch Gil to find out.