View Single Post
Old 10-12-2005, 09:11 PM   #2251
Undómë
Shade of Carn Dûm

Undómë has just left Hobbiton.
Telu invites Illidan to sit down with them

Teluyaviel had poured them each a cup of the fragrant, steaming tea. She sipped hers, listening as her brother spoke to Esgallhugwen. The basket of fresh bread looked and smelled inviting. She took a piece for herself, spreading it with the butter and covering that with the thick peach jam. Tindomion had just fetched a piece for himself and offered the basket to Esgallhugwen when the sound of another voice intruded upon the conversation.

Telu looked up in surprise at the fair-haired Elf who now stood near her. So intent had she been on her bread and jam, that she had not noticed his approach. With a quick smile, she put down her bread and wiped the sweet, peachy stickiness from her fingers with her napkin. ‘Hello!’ she said, her eyes glinting with a merry greeting. ‘Yes, please. Come join us! Illidan, is it?’ She pointed to the empty chair to her left. ‘I’m Teluyaviel; Telu, for short. And this is my older brother, Tindomion. And our new friend, Esgallhugwen is there.’ Telu smiled at the older lady Elf.

‘And did you say you were from Eryn Lasgalen? So was my family! Where did you live, Illidan? And what brings you here to the Shire. Are you bound for the Havens?’

Telu blushed suddenly and pressed her lips shut. She caught her brother giving her an exasperated look. She could just tell he thought she had babbled on a bit too much.
Young she was and yet not so. The braids of her dark hair were touched by no frost, her white arms and clear face were flawless and smooth, and the light of stars was in her bright eyes, grey as a cloudless night . . .