View Single Post
Old 10-14-2005, 04:20 PM   #169
tar-ancalime
Shade of Carn Dûm

tar-ancalime has just left Hobbiton.
I like Wilwarin's suggestion. It seems that more special roles than that would make the game really crazy, unless we had more players. Of course, we could go the other way and try to have no ordinary villagers at all!

Just in case there are any newbies:

Here are the definitions of the special roles (as I understand them--being rather a newbie myself, please don't hesitate to correct me if I get some of this wrong).

The Seer chooses one person to dream about each NIGHT; this person's identity is revealed to the Seer.

The Ranger chooses one person to protect each NIGHT; this person cannot be killed by wolves while protected.

The Hunter chooses one person to kill at the time of his/her death.

The Cursed Villager does not die when attacked by a werewolf; instead, he/she becomes a werewolf.

The Mythomaniac chooses one person on the second NIGHT. Thereafter, the Mythomaniac takes on the same role as that person.

The Shirriffs are two innocent villagers, each of whom is aware that the other is innocent.

The WereBear (same as Black Beorning???) kills one person each NIGHT, independently of the wolves.

The Cobbler is an innocent villager who nonetheless wants the wolves to win.

Have I forgotten any? Have I horribly misrepresented any? Thanks in advance for your corrections.