View Single Post
Old 11-01-2005, 10:03 PM   #198
Encaitare
Bittersweet Symphony

Encaitare is a guest of Tom Bombadil.
Track 6: Minas Morgul

I'm really sorry for keeping you guys waiting. I've had so much RL stuff going on that has made it difficult for me to get online for a good amount of time, and when I was able I had to devote the time to Werewolf. But enough excuses. Since I suppose there seems to be popular demand, let's resume. Since Track 6 is pretty short, I think we can move on to Track 7 on Friday.

The switch from the pretty music of Gondor to the variation of the harsh Mordor theme is very jarring -- I always listen to the more lyrical tracks with the volume way up, and then I have to rush to turn it down before my ears get blasted!

The upper instruments play the main Mordor theme while the lower ones play in descending thirds. Beginning at 0:36, the music becomes very tense, and then with the tremolo or trill at 0:56, we are back into the brash theme. The drums at this point remind me of the 5/4 Isengard beat, although that's probably to embody the chaos of Mordor and Minas Morgul since Isengard really has nothing to do with this part. 1:29 is more gentle as the immediate danger passes.

This track isn't really a favorite of mine, just because it is so loud and brash... but I guess it's fitting for the location to which it pertains!
Encaitare is offline   Reply With Quote