View Single Post
Old 11-07-2005, 12:11 AM   #573
Orominuialwen
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Location: Umbar, but before the corsairs took over. (Ave Maria University, FL, USA)
Orominuialwen has just left Hobbiton.
Quote:
Originally Posted by the phantom

Though I'm not a radio host, I am guilty of the same thing.

But really, can you blame me? The fact is, a majority of the young ladies I know roll their eyes at sports. The only reason they would ever open a sports page is to see if there are any "cute guys" in it.

And so, since that is what I am used to, you can't accuse me of being unfair when I assume a young lady doesn't know anything about sports. That's the way the world works, m'dear.

If you get slow service at a certain restaurant 75% of the time, it is logical to walk into the restaurant expecting slow service. That's not an unreasonable expectation, nor is the expectation of girls not being sports savvy unreasonable.

You just have to prove that the expectation is wrong in your case. Personally, I love bumping into a girl who disproves the sports stereotype. I wish there were more of you.
Yes, but I know you can't possibly be as bad as this guy was. I was a regular caller to the show long before that host came along (the previous ones were much cooler) and I even won prizes for my sports-related song parodies. (I once wrote a particularly good one about Randy Moss to the tune of Bad moon on the Rise. ) It's pretty funny, since I know/care more about sports than any of my male friends.

And as for being into sports for the 'cute guys,' let's just say that being hit on by UW football players back when I was only 14 (I look older than I really am) has completely put me off of that. Of course, my mother still entertains hopes that I will one day marry one of her students. (She's a tutor for the UW athletic department.)

To keep this from being off topic, I assign:

People who can't comprehend that two people of opposite genders can be friends with out being romantically interested in each other. If I had a dollar for every time somebody asked if one of my male friends was my boyfriend, I'd be a very rich girl.

People who make out in the hallways at school between classes. It's just disgusting and they block traffic in the already overcrowded halls, making the rest of us late for class. The five minutes we get in between each period in school are not the proper time or place to exchange saliva. Do it on your own time someplace where the rest of us aren't forced to see it.