View Single Post
Old 11-07-2005, 04:48 PM   #588
Orominuialwen
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Location: Umbar, but before the corsairs took over. (Ave Maria University, FL, USA)
Orominuialwen has just left Hobbiton.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Feanor of the Peredhil
I'd like to assign a modern world where a five year old is so accustomed to certain situations that she would ask me without second thought if another five year old I was talking to at her school was my daughter.
What's even worse is that when I was in 9th grade I had a 4th grader ask me if my brother (who was in 6th grade at the time) was my son! I know I look older than I am and he looks younger than he is, but not by that much. it was even creepier when a year or so later an adult thought the same thing!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Formendacil
On a similar topic, I assign to Mordor anybody who think that families of more than two children are "huge" and a "potential threat of overpopulation". In Canada, at least, the only reason the population is growing is immigrants. Having a family of seven is not going to overstrain the world's resources... Furthermore, it's a lot cooler being the oldest of seven than being "the older of two". ~An oldest of seven, and proud of it~
I've always wished I had more than just one sibiling. Let that be a lesson to all of you--don't do what my parents did and not start having kids until your late 30's (granted, they didn't even meet until they were in their mid 30's). Your family will end up very small, and sibilings are a wonderful thing to have when growing up!

I assign dandruff to Mordor. It makes you feel all dirty and unwashed even when you've just taken a shower earlier in the day.

Patina that doesn't work should also go to Mordor. It was supposed to turn my piece for jewelry class black, but instead it worked less and less each time I tried it. The only parts it turned properly black were the ones I was going to have to sand anyway because I didn't want them to be black. Very, very frustrating.