View Single Post
Old 10-17-2002, 02:05 AM   #19
Tirned Tinnu
Wight

Tirned Tinnu has just left Hobbiton.
Sting

Oye, Bill, that was ... poetic! Lovely. I feel all surprised and touched! *heh*

Also: Diamond, I know just how you feel! Why is it that kids often find their parents' questions somewhat absurd and anger provoking? I feel stupid - I usually get flustered that way, too. Sometimes it is good to tell them "give me a minute, and I'll be back with an answer to that," (then go run to the bathroom and have a chat with yourself in the mirror and debate it!) When you're finished, you should feel better, calmer, less full (if you take your time in there) and usually you've caught your breath enough to answer in one swift, confident sentence.
I recommend this once in a while, for if you keep running to the bathroom every time your Mom asks you a question, she may get suspicious! I once decided that every time someone in my family ****ed me off that I would cool off in a bath. I was the cleanest I'd ever been in my life, but they kept asking, "You're taking a bath, again?!"

[img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img]