View Single Post
Old 11-09-2005, 11:31 PM   #18
the phantom
Beloved Shadow

the phantom is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.the phantom is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.the phantom is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.
Send a message via MSN to the phantom
Eye

Name: Master Phantom

Quest: to find enough time for everything I have going on

Favourite colour: red and black

Most beloved Tolkien character: without a doubt- FEANOR! after that Turin and Elrond

Least beloved Tolkien character: I dunno, maybe Thingol, or Saeros, or Galadriel

Worst habit: I'll give the standard nail-biting and procrastination answers

Best habit: being nice to people

Unlikeliest celebrity crush: don't know if I have a "crush" on any celeb seeing as I don't know them, the most I can really say is who I think is hot- but I don't think any of my picks would be unlikely, like J L Hewitt, Monica Bellucci- everyone agrees that they're hot

Weirdest hobby: definitely playing Werewolf games, people I know in RL look at me like I'm nuts when I rave about the most recent happenings in a game of Werewolf

Best place in Middle Earth: Rivendell

Best place outside of Middle Earth: ooh, that's a tough one, I'm partial to this little spot in the Wind River Mountains not too far from Lander, Wyoming, lovely trees, lovely rapids and cascades, lovely rocks, what more could you want?

Most embarrassing moment: I dunno, in RL I can get embarrassed about stupid little tiny things, like when my friends and I try to race across the frozen lagoon in downtown Omaha while wearing super slick dress shoes- I get embarrassed if I stumble or slip just a tiny bit, which is stupid because everyone else is stumbling and slipping, if not falling down completely, but I just hate looking the least bit out of sorts no matter what the situation, if I was shot in both legs and then asked to run ten miles I would be embarrassed if I couldn't finish, I'm dumb like that

Most daring moment: I don't know, I usually don't do something unless the benefits far outweigh the risks, and situations like that don't require much daring, I suppose most people would see some of the no-ropes-and-all-by-myself cliff climbs I've done as daring, but really I'm extremely confident about it so it's not much of a risk in my mind and therefore not daring from my point of view

Favourite "LotR" actor: Sean Bean or Ian McKellen

Least favourite "LotR" actor: Cate Blanchett or Liv Tyler

Theme song: well, my theme song is without a doubt "The Weasels Will Slack" because my friend and I wrote it to be our theme song, but that doesn't mean anything to you because you've never heard it- so, hmm... I'll just pick a song that I like- how 'bout "Until the Day I Die" by Story of the Year

Style guru: usually me, sometimes I'll let one of my female friends choose between two shirts that I like just because I know it makes them feel really good

Most crucial accessory: baseball cap, phone

Greatest weakness: I can barely bring myself to do anything I don't feel like doing, and as you know there are a lot of unenjoyable things you have to do in life if you want to survive

Greatest strength: my charm/bs/glibness, I can do almost nothing at work but when a boss asks for a report I know just what things to say and how to twist words around that makes whichever boss it is think I'm the best employee they've ever had, I also use this ability when someone asks me about something I don't want to talk about- I'll say a whole lot of words without giving any real information and whoever it is that asked will leave with a big smile and not really realize until later that I didn't answer the question, so when they come back I do it again, they never learn- this gift has also been helpful over the years when talking to parents of a girl, after I've spent a while with them they pratically beg me to date their daughter, the dad usually takes a while, but I can usually win over the girl's mom pretty darn quick

Favourite place to visit on the Downs: really, it depends on what threads are going, it changes

Best Downer Buddy: must I name names? I just know I'd leave some deserving folks out, but Fea would be angry if I didn't say her, Mithalwen is delightful, I'd love to chill in RL with TORE, Boro, morm, Eomer, and Kuru, I swear I'm going to go to England and see the great SP someday... that's enough for now

Parting shot: the phantom has posted. This thread is now important.

Last edited by the phantom; 11-10-2005 at 12:08 PM.
the phantom is offline   Reply With Quote