View Single Post
Old 11-10-2005, 03:05 PM   #24
Lush
Fair and Cold

Lush is a guest of Tom Bombadil.
Send a message via ICQ to Lush Send a message via AIM to Lush Send a message via Yahoo to Lush
I've been so excited to read up on everyone! It's really nice to be able to connect someone's particularly witty post with a slice of their personality, their favourite colour, celebrity crush (or lack thereof), etc. I'd love to read more.

As for my own answers, they're as follows

Name: You can call me Al. Ok, no. Lush or Natalia will do.

Quest: To not screw up beyond all measure.

Favourite colour: I realize now that this is a somewhat vague question. My favourite colour to wear is pink. Meanwhile, I've painted my bedroom a cool blue. In nature, I prefer the light, fragile greens of early spring.

Most beloved Tolkien character: Gandalf. Eowyn. Luthien.

Least beloved Tolkien character: Turin Turambar and his kin really freak me out.

Worst habit: Unregulated chocolate consumption, unhealthy desire to constantly compare myself to all and sundry, procrastination taken to new heights.

Best habit: Making fun CD mixes for people I like, regular exercise.

Unlikeliest celebrity crush: I find it perfectly natural, but people still get surprised when I tell them I'm partial to Captain Jean-Luc Picard of the Starship Enterprise.

Weirdest hobby: Naughty fanfiction.

Best place in Middle Earth: Minas Tirith. I like white buildings and good libraries.

Best place outside of Middle Earth: Covent Garden & South Kensington in London, Gorkii Street in Kiev, Durham's 9th Street, and Charlotte, NC, where I spent half my childhood staring out my window and waiting for my life to begin.

Most embarrassing moment: I've thought long and hard about this one. I think drunkenly kissing our very surprised university President during the gala opening of the new university museum probably qualifies.

Most daring moment: It would have to be breaking into a Kievan polling station during the much heated final election following Ukraine's Orange Revolution. I argued my way in, waving my university ID around, pointing to my swollen cheek (wisdom tooth removal, ahhhh) and claiming it was the reason I never registered with the local press corps, and took a ton of technically unauthorized pictures. Looking back on it, the polling station people could have easily taken me out back and beaten the *bleep* out of me.

Favourite "LotR" actor: Sir Ian for the gravitas and Mr. Bloom for the gratification.

Least favourite "LotR" actor: Craig Parker & Co. The background Lorien Elves just look coked-up and in serious need of a proper hair stylist. Haldira Queen of the Forest, anyone?

Theme song: "Under Pressure" by David Bowie & Queen. And the "Ruff Ryders' Anthem" by DMX. Stop. Drop. Roll.

Style guru: Kate Moss.

Most crucial accessory: Phone, perfume, iPod, and a little blue and yellow gold ring (because my heart belongs to Daddy).

Greatest weakness: Pretty pretty pretty pretty pretty pretty boys.

Greatest strength: Um.

Favourite place to visit on the Downs: Everywhere. I adore this place.

Best Downer Buddy: They know who they are.

Parting shot: "Swing down, sweet chariot, the flesh will fall and the bones will rot, but from my sorrow you carry me not, my heart is bound, my soul is chained to the rock, rock of ages cleft for me, I swung down my hammer out in Joshua Tree, It rang from the mountain and rolled to the sea, and it will ring from the rock." I'm listening to Emmylou Harris right now. She's amazing.