View Single Post
Old 11-20-2005, 08:31 PM   #416
tar-ancalime
Shade of Carn Dûm

tar-ancalime has just left Hobbiton.
Good heavens! I can't remember when I've had so much fun...with the computer on.

Fantastic game, everyone!

Wilwa, what a great job you did as Seer! (Also, good job waiting so long to dream of me...) Wow.

A few words of explanation from the wolvish perspective:

It's true that Wayne pegged Wilwa as the Seer on the very first Night. I don't know how he knew, and I sort of wish Kitanna and I had believed him!

We chose Kuruharan as our first kill because he was a smart player who had as yet said little, leaving no trail to us. Kath the next night was for the same reason.

The next night was tough--we didn't know if we should go for Wilwa and potentially lose out, or try to get someone else and give the Seer another dream. We chose Celuien because she was another like Kath and Kuru that wouldn't lead directly to us; also I had a suspicion she might be Gifted.

The next night--well, it was obvious what had to be done.

After that, being on my own as I was, I was necessarily thinking of the Cursed Villager. But I couldn't really strategize for that, of course, so I took out Firefoot, who hadn't stopped calling for my head since the second DAY.

Now, as to the other side of things: the lynchings.

We knew that one of us would be caught eventually; we supposed (rightly) that it would be Wayne. So he jsut went ahead and played his usual game, and eventually it went as we had thought. No real surprises there, I think.

But I HAD NO IDEA that you would follow me and vote for Kitanna! When that happened I was sure it was all over. I voted for her because I thought Lalaith was going to get lynched, and since I had to vote early I wanted to do something "safe" (as in, not get someone killed), while not being accused of bandwagoning.

Most of the credit for good strategy must go to my fellow wolf, Kitanna. From my point of view there was a great increase in the number of wolf-blunders after her untimely demise.

Eonwe, I went along and voted Lalaith on the last day as you asked, but Gurthang is right--if it had been allowed to happen that way, Lalaith could have hunted you, leaving all three of us dead and the Jester victorious.

Anyway, this was likely my last game (only my second game, alas!) because all evidence to the contrary notwithstanding, I do have a job that demands my attention at least some of the time, and Mr. gaur-ancalime is getting tired of staring at the back of my head in the evenings. So I'm very glad that it was such a well-played game on all sides!