View Single Post
Old 05-31-2002, 10:09 PM   #8
Laiedheliel
Haunting Spirit

Location: A roaming Middle-Earth wanderer in the guise of a Ranger
Laiedheliel has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via AIM to Laiedheliel
Sting

Birdland, I am truly sorry to answer what I have to, but the teenager of today are not the culture loving, knowledge hungering fiends you see before you. Morals that once existed to keep this breed from being so rare have fallen from their guilded pedastals (sp?) and have left those few desendants of the breed scraping the bottom of the barrel. I am glad I have aided in restoring your faith in the generation, but do not give up on us yet, we may surprise you. Do you think our children will grow up without this exposure and knowledge? Heh heh.

Sam, now that I have put some thought to it, is like what you said also, Birdland, but he seems to take it still at an entertainment value, and does not seem to have realized the real-life applications of the knowledge he has aquired; other than it being one of his sole sources of pride, the other being his garden...*Sigh* Reminds me of some, no most of my friends. As far as the oral passing down of history of Hobbits, I do not see it as an inconsistancy, just as a disapointment, my only with the series. I believe that with all of the creative genius in that man's head, JRRT should have come up with an better way of explaining that. But at the same time, if they had a history, would the Hobbits still be the light-hearted creatures of pleasure we all have come to love?

[ June 01, 2002: Message edited by: Laiedheliel ]