View Single Post
Old 06-02-2002, 04:51 AM   #30
*Varda*
Maiden of Tears

*Varda* has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via MSN to *Varda*
Silmaril

wow, obviously a lot of people really care about this subject! I really enjoy History in school, saying that, i did have a really good History teacher who made it interesting and didn't mind being asked questions which were a bit off-topic. This really made me enjoy the subject so much more, and i'm thinking about taking it at uni in a couple of years.

Unfortunately I can't really say the same for many other people. My friends are also quite interested in the subject but it seems to end there. No one seems to care about their past and where they came from anymore. My mum told me about my heritage etc. from an early age and it made me appreciate it so much more.

As many people have said, the problem doesn't lie only in our generation. Some of the teachers in my school won't allow you to even ask a question! Some parents just don't seem to care about what their children are doing in school, and it all rubs off on the children. They don't realise it's good to know about your past, or to actually be interested in what you're learning. They consider it to be one of the most 'uncool' things you can do and think you're a freak or whatever. This means too many people can't be open and interested in learning.

So it's really refreshing to go to the Barrowdowns and actually find people who care about the same things you do, and you don't have to hide what you're interested in.