View Single Post
Old 12-06-2005, 02:21 PM   #4
Guinevere
Banshee of Camelot

Guinevere is a guest of Tom Bombadil.
I wanted to post a reply here, but Esty and Davem have already covered every point ... (and to Esty's questions I don't know the answers)
I find the history of Gondor very interesting, it has very much the feeling of real history. Even if not much described, some characters have my sympathy, like the handsome and valiant Eldacar (the son of Vidumavi and Valacar) who was the reason for the kinstrife. But I think it was only when reading U.T that I realized that those Northmen of Rhovanion were indeed the ancestors of the Rohirrim.
Evern after the "last" alliance, the Elves of the havens and Rivendell came to the help of Men, to fight against the Witch-king of Angmar! I was pleased to read some more about Glorfindel...
The tale of the Stewards is also very interesting. Much here made me think about the things Faramir tells to Frodo & Sam in Ithilien. Of special interest is the story of Thorongil und Denethor, and the childhood of Boromir and Faramir. These are like missing pieces of a puzzle to understand their characters better, and in my head all these informations are merged, so I have a feeling that they are real persons I know.
Being a mother of two lads I wonder a bit that there was "no jealousy or rivalry" between Boromir and Faramir. Specially because Tolkien wrote in a letter about Faramir that he had "a bossy brother"!!
Btw do any of you know the childhood pictures of Boromir and Faramir by
Kasiopea ?

Last edited by Guinevere; 12-06-2005 at 02:32 PM. Reason: wanted to add a link
Guinevere is offline   Reply With Quote