View Single Post
Old 12-15-2005, 03:29 PM   #251
piosenniel
Desultory Dwimmerlaik

piosenniel is a guest of Tom Bombadil.
Mithalwen's post

Losrian felt as if she had been hit by a thunderbolt, though she was unsure which had the most impact his words or his touch - the gentle strength in the hands that cradled her face, the fleeting tenderness of his kiss or the unexpected proposal. She gasped in amazement and could not speak, only look into those deep grey eyes seeking for some confirmation that this was not some dream. It had never occurred to her that her feelings were reciprocated. That his reserve might be because she was as disturbing to his equilibrium as he was to hers. A few hours ago she was convinced of his indifference but had she not also concealed her feelings? She might think it impossible that he should want her .... but the kiss had been real enough. Perhaps she could trust his judgement even if if she could not believe herself worthy. Indeed the trust was the hard part.

And now Galmir was crying for his mother in his sleep .... "Hush Gally, you're safe.. I'm here ... " she forced herself to turn from Ondomirė, though it caused an almost physical pain, and tend to the child, stroking his hair away from his face. As she knelt over him she remembered Ondomirė's words of earlier in the evening as he had watched the children play:
"They are ....accepting little creatures, are they not? Nothing need be proved to them......" Why am I making this so difficult ? she thought. I love him and it seems he loves me. He has spent an age of the world alone and has asked me to marry him and now he probably thinks I am rejecting him.

She was aware that Ondomirė now stood with his back turned and head lowered. Another gasp of horror and her voice softened as she relaxed having resolved her own mind. "We are here Galmir, you are safe...". It seemed the child quietened immediately and she rose to her feet and placed her hand on Ondomirė's shoulder.

"My lord, will you receive my answer?". Ondomirė turned to her and as he did so she slipped her arms around his neck rising to tiptoe so that she was nearly on the same level. She studied his face for a moment then, tilting her head slightly, tentatively kissed his mouth. Then she spoke, her voice grave but her eyes full of love.

" I shall trust in hope, and in you - I fear no fate, for you are my fate, my love, my 'Mirė. And, if it truly is your will, I shall be your spouse, your helpmate in your endeavours, and I will dwell with you wherever they may take us"

Last edited by piosenniel; 12-17-2005 at 01:25 AM.