View Single Post
Old 01-17-2006, 04:32 PM   #141
Feanor of the Peredhil
La Belle Dame sans Merci

Feanor of the Peredhil is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Feanor of the Peredhil is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Feanor of the Peredhil is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.
Send a message via MSN to Feanor of the Peredhil
"You see, m'dear," Fea said, patting the wall of the well beside her. He sat, a bit of tartan peeking out from beneath his cloak. "Alli is just a kid. I know her well, though she does not know me. She just wants to go home. She wouldn't mind learning what it's like to be in love. But she is still a child. In time, I imagine that she will calm down and become slower to judge people, softer-spoken, and curse less. Now? Yes... she is a slave to her teenage-girl hormones. She's not yet learned to control them.

"What matters is that she means well. She is sometimes foolish, but she always regrets it, even if her pride will not let her apologize. Don't let her arrogance make you distrust her... she could be a powerful ally."

Fea realized that her defense of Alli could be construed as wolfish-comaradery, but she did not care. Alli's life was important... not hers. Actually, that wasn't true at all. Fea really liked her life most of the time, especially now that there was this one guy that... wait... That's Shire, not Mordor. In any case, Fea didn't want to see anything happen to Alli because of misunderstanding. She spoke again.

"'Mer, you should talk to her. She'll flirt. She'll seem shallow sometimes. But she'll tell you interesting things if you can earn her trust. She knows very much and has the most impressive connections with the Mordorian underworld. The reason, 'Mer, that she seems so inaccessable is because she wants you to think it of her. She's been hurt. She doesn't trust people."

"How do you know this?" murmered Aimè, entranced by Fea's words. "How do you know so much of Alli?"

"I have sources." Fea smiled softly, her thoughts hidden, but with a look of sweet contentment making her features look far more angelic than their usual devilish humor allowed. Aimè could not even find a smirk. "Ah, if you'll excuse me..."

Fea released Aimè's hand now and walked up to the crowd again, arms extended.

"'Ello, my loves, my doves, you have no idea. I've been having the most fascinating thoughts. I've been plotting like you wouldn't believe. You should be nervous. Those of you that are wolves, of course." She smiled in a way that conveyed a bit of bonkerdom. She didn't look all together sane, much different than she had just before with Aimè when her features had held amusement, flirtation, concern, and curiosity, all in turn. Aimè looked on in wonder as she propped her thumbs on her belt buckle, resting her palms on her waist. She shifted her weight to one side and looked nothing short of gorgeous as she teased the folk of Dol Gaurgauroth. "I think that we should lynch Anakron."

Anakron stood and began to speak some sort of rule that no doubt forbade it.

"No, listen to me." she interrupted, shooing him away. "This entire thing is his doing. If we lynch him, he'd be deprived of his fun, we'd know for sure whether or not he is innocent, and we'd all be able to leave Mordor without a single bit of trouble. After all, the Dweomer works through him. Without a conductor, surely it is as a disconnected circuit?"

Fea winked at Alli who glared at her. Fea smiled at the girls contrariness, appreciative of her dirty look. It was one that should have been able to kill. Maybe some day she'd learn to harness that energy. Hopefully it'd be a day after she learned to control her temper.

The rest of the crowd looked at Fea, swayed by the confident tone of her voice, her looks, her seriousness, and the way she seemed to speak such logic. It was only the loony look in her eyes that kept them from forking Anakron with a pitch immediately.