View Single Post
Old 01-25-2006, 03:40 AM   #30
Essex
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Essex has just left Hobbiton.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Boromir88
What gets me wondering is what causes this change in Boromir. He goes from "Aragorn we don't need you" to calling Aragorn a lord, and even later accepting that he is subsequent to Aragorn and Aragorn is "his king."
This scene jarrs with me for some reason. I can't really put my finger on it, and don't know why it is though. Perhaps because of the change of heart from boromir, and I can't see a reason for it.

I think Jackson puts it in here though to set us up for his fall. Making him a more sympathetic character, and also giving a path towards him accepting Aragorn as his King and Captain when he dies.

Yet another proof towards how TIGHT and well conceived the PLOT Tolkien's LOTR is. Make one small change (my captain / my king) and you set dominoes falling (this time backwards in time) and so have to set up the situation beforehand.

I can see VERY few plot holes in Tolkien's written work, but many in Jackson's. This is basically because he changed some plot lines, sometimes VERY small, but they have larger consequences further on.
Essex is offline   Reply With Quote