View Single Post
Old 01-27-2006, 03:05 PM   #217
Celuien
Riveting Ribbiter

Celuien has just left Hobbiton.
Dr. Hookbill's first three victims...erm...patients returned to the rest of the Offending Party. Panakeia gasped at their appearances. The bruises on Sai and the Dwarf didn't look encouraging, though she approved of Wilhelmina's new hairstyle. What the little man, whose sobbing could now be heard intermittently through the door, had done to them was a mystery to her, and not one that Panakeia was particularly eager to solve.

The nurse came out and pointed at Panakeia. "The Doctor will see you now," she said.

Panakeia looked to her left, then to her right, and then behind her. Her neighbors scurried to distant corners and tried to look intent on reading the outdated magazines scattered in the room. "Who, me?" she asked.

"Yes, you. Walk this way." The nurse led Panakeia to Hookbill's office, hips swaying in a curious sashay. Panakeia had no intention of imitating her stride. The nurse opened the office door and pushed her inside. "Your next patient, Doctor."

"Oh dear, oh dear, oh dear!" went Hookbill's voice.

This little scene didn't increase Panakeia's confidence in the Doctor's skills. But she did her best to put on a brave face.

"Pleased to meet you, Dr. Hookbill. Why do you keep saying 'Oh, dear'? I can assure you, there's nothing wrong with me."