View Single Post
Old 02-03-2006, 11:22 PM   #30
Aiwendil
Late Istar

Aiwendil is a guest at the Prancing Pony.Aiwendil is a guest at the Prancing Pony.
The Saucepan Man wrote:
Quote:
See how the absence of a proper legal framework breeds lies and mistrust?
Now, look here. We're a long way from Osgiliath and I for one prefer to trust to our own wits than to some arcane Numenorean legal code. When I was young, we didn't have these sneering legalists coming in and telling us how to run our village. Had to fend for ourselves. And I say that unless you've got a company of Dunedain summoned to assist us, your notions about a Gondorian court are going to do very little good.

That doesn't mean I'm against our getting organized, though. I'd just like to see it done more fair-like. Now these Gaurhoth were clever, it seems to me; I've looked long at the place where Meneltarmacil was slain and I've found not a thing as points the finger at anyone in particular, if you follow me. So it seems to me the best thing's to keep our eyes open for anyone acting suspicious-like. And I say we all ought to get together and talk things over - try to figure out what these wolves are likely to do, and how we might spot them.
Aiwendil is offline   Reply With Quote