Thread: LotR2-TTT-Seq01
View Single Post
Old 02-11-2006, 02:13 PM   #4
Lathriel
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Location: Wandering through Middle-Earth (Sadly in Alberta and not ME)
Lathriel has just left Hobbiton.
The intro of TTT gave me goosbumps the first time I saw it in the theatre and it still does now. One thing I definitly like of all the beginnings of these movies is that there are no jingles with the logos of Aliance Atlantis and New Line Cinema. The silence just makes it feel special and heightens the anticipation when the title comes up on the screen.
So back to TTT, it is nice that the movie begins with a nature shot because that is what this movie deals with extensively, with the ents and all. Of all three of the movies Tolkien's concern of industrialization is most clearly present in this one.
My major concern about Gollum was that he would be too scary to look at. I find that they did make him scary but not too much and I like it that they could change Gollum from looking scary and evil to trusting to almost cute(in the stew scene). I really think Gollum is the best in TTT.
I also find that the farther we get into the trilogy the more Elijah Wood's acting improves. (Especially in ROTK)
I was hoping that the little box of seasoning would be the box with the seeds, but if they had done that it wouldn't have made much sense since there is no scouring of the shire.