View Single Post
Old 02-25-2006, 04:05 PM   #329
Shelob
Shade of Carn Dûm

Shelob has just left Hobbiton.
To die: to sleep...perchance

(The village square, the tempers which have until now remained fairly under control have begun to break from their constraints as the Third DAY progresses)

Littlemanpoet: (reflecting and slightly remorseful) To be, or not to be – that is the question; Whether ‘tis nobler in the mind to NOT CHEAT (here glaring rather accusatorially at SPM and NILP)
Saucepan Man: It was not cheating, and I’m not going to stand here and be insulted like that.
Littlemanpoet: Running away, eh? Come back here and take what’s coming to you.
Aiwendil: I wouldn’t say it was quite cheating, the anagrams were right out in the open, there for anyone to see.
Nilpaurion: Yeah, it was more like in Clue. The rules say “A door is the opening in the wall”, well all the windows have the same sort of holes in the walls. So the windows are doors, it’s not cheating because there’s nothing against it in the rules.
Littlemanpoet: There’s nothing for it in the rules either.
Saucepan Man: Perhaps, but to cheat one must “violate rules deliberately”, we can’t violate rules if they don’t exist.
Littlemanpoet: Oh dear, I hadn’t thought of that. (and promptly vanishes in a puff of [almost] logic)
Formendacil: That was unexpected…
Kath: Too true, might I suggest we move on.
Mormegil: Good idea, I nominate that we should lynch Eomer, as he’s now the most suspicious looking person.
Dancing Spawn: I’ll second that, “hypocrite” indeed.
Eomer: Fair is foul now, keep that in mind.
Farael: And foul fair, but knowing that doesn’t seem to be helping.
Celuien: I don’t know, Garin’s been looking pretty wolfy since Day 1.
Garin: Wolfy?
Glirdan: Gah, this whole thing’s been so confusing. It’s setting up the complete wrong mood for writing music.
Boromir88: Look, it’s getting close to NIGHT, let’s just lynch Garin. He’s got the majority of votes now anyway.

(The villagers mob Garin and manage to get him onto the gallows which are still in the square.)

Garin: I’m telling you, this is a mistake. You’ll regret it you will!

(Regardless of what Garin says the villagers crowd round and pull the lever. Like Gil-Galad before him Garin dies cleanly without any signs of Lycanthropy)

Tar-Ancalime: Again! This isn’t going well at all…not well at all.

(The villagers depart for another NIGHT. They have much to think on, much that needs looking at.)

-----
Living:
Saucepan Man
Farael
Mormegil
Aiwendil
Glirdan
Formendacil
Dancing Spawn of Ungoliant
Nilpaurion Felagund
Eomer of the Rohirrim
Kath