Thread: LotR2-TTT-Seq04
View Single Post
Old 02-28-2006, 11:17 PM   #2
Farael
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Location: In hospitals, call rooms and (rarely) my apartment.
Farael has just left Hobbiton.
Ok, let's give this a try

About the Orcs:
I just checked the movie and about 15 minutes into it we see that a group of orcs from Lugbúrz (Mordor, right?) joining in.

Now, the orcs are not setting camp for the night... the 'guys' from Lugbúrz need 'a breather' and so big-mean Uruk-Hai orders a fire to be made. Then one of the Uruk-Hai does complain about the food but his comment is quickly taken up by the 'lesser' Lugbúrz orcs who quickly loose their heads about it (one of them quite literally). We never get a chance to see if they meant to camp for the night because soon enough the Riders come in.

About Gimli:

I agree that he is out of character with Book Gimli (even Tolkien's dwarves as a whole).... yet he is definetly in character with Movie Gimli. So I agree and disagree with you. I find this mis-interpretation (whether intentional or not) of Book Gimli annoying, yet PJ is consistent with it.

About Eomer possibly mistrusting Legolas:

You are right, he seems to be giving him a hard look when he talks about the spies... in his defense, Book Eomer seemed to be weary of Elves, or at least of Galadriel (whom if I'm not mistaken she calls a witch). Maybe this is PJ's way of showing so?

About Eomer suddenly becoming trusting:
I agree with you that given that the movie is already four hours long (extended edition) PJ did not have 15 minutes to spare for Aragorn to properly gain Eomer's trust.

About what I have not mentioned:

Well, I mostly agree, and found it very funny... you should come over to Mirth from time to time Alatar....