View Single Post
Old 03-01-2006, 08:36 PM   #14
Elu Ancalime
Shade of Carn Dûm

Elu Ancalime has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via AIM to Elu Ancalime
How do I best resist Morgoth?
Have another kingdom or two on his path to me. He will be resisted there, and perhaps distracted.

How friendly should I be with Thingol?
Quite. On a easygoing, trading level, with ambassadors and such. Send him wine.

How far should I co-operate with my valiant, elficidal jewel-seeking relatives?As little as possible. Do not ever come in contact with Jewls, cast them aside. Be invisible to Feanor's sons.

What sort of site would be good for my kingdom?
One thats sunny and slightly elevated, so can see miles in advance. Surronded by Plains, but rocky at that, sort of like the Wold and East Wall of Rohan.

Do I go for:
A The cave network approach
B The hidden city approach
C The enchanted forest approach
D The seaside haven approach
E The massive great try-this-for-size-Morgoth-old-chap fortress approach

A walled city in a forest on a river that is no more than 40 miles away from the Sea. That way, forest and walls help defend, and if attacked can flee to the Sea, take residence and give tribute to Kuru's kingdom.
What do I do about Dwarves and Men?
Trade with dwarves, but keep on a strictly capitalist level; be friendly to men, yet do not harbour them for long, especially heros that are followed by curses and dragons, and be ever doubtful of their military suggestions.
What sort of culture am I ideally aiming for?
A unique but peaceful one. A sort of Lindon, that is never at war on its own land, can go to the Sea for comfort, and has allies that are between it and the Enemy.

I call it.....Er-Nimton "One White City," ruled by Finarfin's grandson Kevin I son of Orodreth, raised by an Eagle who found him playing by the shore of the Narog after the Battle of Tumhalad.

It puts Turgon to shame.....
________
Interceptor

Last edited by Elu Ancalime; 03-03-2011 at 11:16 PM.
Elu Ancalime is offline   Reply With Quote