View Single Post
Old 03-15-2006, 06:47 PM   #78
tar-ancalime
Shade of Carn Dûm

tar-ancalime has just left Hobbiton.
It appears I'm the last to arrive.

I seem to missed out on most of the Day 1 sad hurlyburly, and can step back to comment on what I've seen so far.

First, Farael:

Quote:
Alright, here I am. And here are my first day ramblings

TGWBS YOU DESERVE TO DIE. It was MY act, MY time to shine by being Nilp.... but no, you just had to take it, hadn't you?

Still, I believe you innocent, you are just playing your role... and as a matter of fact, I was looking forward to send the village on a spin of confussion by playing out my own role
It's the "spin of confusion" that bothers me. There are three groups of people in this game with three distinct goals:

The wolves want to feast on fresh villager meat.

The innocents want to escape from the horrible fate that awaits us if we don't kill the wolves.

The lovers want to be united in a bloody wedding when everyone else is dead.

Which of these teams benefits most from a "spin of confusion?" I can tell you, it ain't the villagers. I don't know if you're a wolf or not, Farael, but if you're an innocent villager then your goal shouldn't be to create confusion for the other villagers. We're the only ones without some kind of special information--the only ones you'd be confusing are the innocent. I'm tempted to vote for you just for that comment and the suspicion I have that you'll follow it up.

Anyone who thinks it will be more fun to confuse people than to catch werewolves isn't an asset to this village. Even if his role is "innocent." Call me cold-blooded, but if you ain't with us, you're agin us.

Having gotten in trouble in the past for laying out suspicions in strong language and then voting elsewhere, I think I"d better follow through this time:

++Farael